- Enroll in benefits at workday.miami.edu
- Schedule regular one-on-one meetings with your manager.
- Request on-going, meaningful “everyday feedback.”
- Feel free to ask questions about the performance management process and compensation system.
- Discuss performance and professional development goals.
- Take on an additional assignment.
- Attend campus events of interest to you (Well Canes Marketplace, Employee Interest Groups, Volunteer Opportunities)
- Learn about Training and Development Opportunities and sign up for training of interest.
- Continue to seek regular informal feedback; prepare for formal feedback during the annual review.
- Have a conversation with your manager about your experience at UM to date:
- Is the role what you expected?
- Are your skills and knowledge being fully utilized and are there ways to better utilize them? What’s working well, what could work better?
- Do you need additional support or resources?
- Begin discussing the year ahead.
- Consider participating on a cross-functional team. Talk to your manager or HR Partner to learn about different opportunities.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on ways to enhance the onboarding experience. What might improve this process for new employees?
- Discuss your professional development goals and identify relevant learning opportunities.